The Importance of Aftercare
Save your Microblading strokes with proper aftercare!
Real Quick, What is Microblading?
Microblading is an art form and a semi-permanent, cosmetic procedure that enhances your own natural eyebrows. The results are incredibly natural looking. There are only a few steps;
- First, a topical numbing cream is applied to the eyebrow area to minimize discomfort.
- Second, a super-thin microblading pen is used to draw a customized eyebrow shape by applying individual strokes.
- And that’s it!
You might want to check out this post for more personal details.
Results and Microblading Aftercare
The results typically last 1-2 years, depending on skin type and skincare routine. I cannot stress that enough. 60% – 90% of fading happens because of what is being done at home. Fear not, we are going to go over step by step things you need to know to keep those brows gorgeous!
- Day of procedure : You’ll want to keep your brows dry. Pat the area with a clean cotton square every 2 hours.
- Days 1-7 : Washing is so important! Using your fingertips, gently cleanse the area with water and the soap you’re provided. (At Skin Therapy of Charlotte, we provide you with baby shampoo.) You’ll want to do this morning and night, then gently pat dry.
- Days1-3 : Preventing Infection. Apply a thin layer of balm (also provided to you from STOC) with a cotton swab 2-3 times per day.
Some other tips;
- DO NOT use a washcloth or anything abrasive on your brow
- DO NOT pick or scratch, resist!
- Avoid hot tubs, steam rooms, public pools and the ocean during the healing process.
- Avoid direct sunlight and tanning beds for 2 weeks. Honestly avoid tanning beds in general.
- Avoid sweaty exercise for 1 week. Best part LOL
You’re going to be feeling a lot of emotions after your microblading is done. To ensure proper aftercare and understanding what you’re feeling we will provide you with a card explaining the emotions you may go through. But we will also list them here ^_^
Day 1 : You’ll be in LOVE with your brows!
Days 2 – 4 : Your brows will appear very dark and you may get nervous
Days 5 – 7 : Your brows are going to start scabbing and look like they’re falling off. This is normal! Relax.
Days 8 – 10 : You might feel like crying because your brows look like they’re gone. This is also normal. Your skin is healing!
Days 14 – 28 : Your brows will start coming back!
Day 42 : Your brows should be perfect and complete. YAY!
We will do everything we can to give you perfect brows. But your aftercare and what you do at home is SO important. Don’t pick, rub or put ANY pressure on your brows. If you have any questions, don’t google. Call us. Interested? Check out our Microblading experts work!